Thursday, June 23, 2011

Simple Goodness...


Rhubarb Oatmeal Banana Muffins...
...one of Summer's delights!

I've used this basic recipe for years...and no matter how I tweek it the muffins are always yummy! I like to measure and store all the dry ingredients in canning jars.
Then...it's quick and easy to add the wet ingredients and any fruit, nuts...or whatever is on hand.

Basic Oatmeal Muffin Mix
♥ Mix:
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 cup Rolled Oats
½ cup sugar
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Baking Powder

♥ 2 Eggs
♥ 1/4 cup Oil
♥ 1/4 cup Milk
Beat eggs til frothy, mix in oil, milk & 1 CUP MASHED BANANA.
Fold into dry mix til moistened.
Fill muffin cups ¾ full, bake at 400°
For 20-25 minutes

For the Rhubarb muffins...I add about 1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon to the dry ingredients.
To the mashed banana I add 2 handfuls...about 1 and 1/2 cups...of diced rhubarb, sprinkle with a teaspoon of sugar to cut the tartness, mix to coat fruit well. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, fold in fruit...
Fill muffin cups...
I like to dust with fresh ground cinnamon and a sprinkle of pearl sugar!
Bake...Cool...YUM!!!
~L

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a note...I love to hear from you!