Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hook GOOD Rugs...


Today I’m catching up on computer stuff...just added a bunch of wool to the website...it came in late on Friday...lovely textures...some are calling me to the dyepots...but that is for tomorrow!

For now, I’ve been working on my notes for classes. This week is the start of my ThursDAY hooking...6 week sessions for those with previous hooking experience.
Along with guidance on current projects or help in designing or color planning new ones...we will be exploring...What makes a good hooked rug?

Along the way I will share bits –n- pieces of our discussions with you here ~ and of course, I’d love to hear your comments!

“Use your imagination, ingenuity, and skill in creating design, expressing it in color and executing it through textured technique
~ Stella Hay Rex from Choice Hooked Rugs ©1953

Hope you all have a GREAT week! L

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning,

    You have had a busy week. Getting ready for your class and loads of grapes. Hmmmm I wonder if one could use grape juice to dye with? I bet it would make a gorgeous muted purple. I have enjoyed looking at all the rugs on your blog. Awesome. Have a great day.

    JoEllen

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Laurie!! Your blog is terrific!! The pictures are so warm and inviting, and your rugs are simply wonderful! The grapes are so YUMMY!!! lol! Best wishes/Congrats/Happy Hooking & Blogging. Will stop back soon! Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a note...I love to hear from you!