Friday, January 11, 2019

Simplify...ing...


Hello and Thanks for stopping by…

Lots of changes happening around here this year…my husband retired just before Christmas…
our son will be graduating in May…
AND I have decided to close my beloved website at the end of January!
NO, I’m NOT going out of business…just trying to Simplify things.

Everything is…or will be available in the ETSY SHOP
and in fact on February 1st, woolyredrug.com will actually direct you there!

I've had the ETSY Shop open since 2007, primarily to sell my handmade goods. They've made changes over the past few years to allow selling supplies and I've been happily filling ETSY orders daily, so making this transition seems like the perfect solution.
I’ve had the ole’ website since 2000 and for the past several years no tech support from the server…can you say nightmare waiting to happen?!? The technology is old and tho’ I love the folky look I’ve worked hard to create there…it’s time for the change.

You may notice some changes here on the blog, too. Just below the header I have updated all the pages…my hooking tips and finishing techniques are now here…I’ll be closing the old PictureTrail site, too.

The studio continues to be open by appointment. Even tho’ Mom and Dad are being well cared for at a nursing home close by, I am still handling everything for them. Overwhelming at times…but blessed that they are still with us.

I haven’t forgotten about the 2019 edition of the Annual LJFibers Rug Project…just a little delayed…
I’ll be back with details soon.
Wishing you all the best, Laurie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Laurie,
    I wish all the best for you in this stage in life! Simplifying isn't always the easiest but a process. I've been going through changes here as well so know how hard it is at times. Keeping you in thought and prayer!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2019 Laurie! Wow...that is a bit of change...but all sounds well-thought out and simplifying is a gift.....If only I could get to it LOL! Congrats to your husband on his retirement....hope he takes time to enjoy it. And I do know about the elderly parent thing....although I only have my mother left, and my younger brother takes care of far more than I do for her. I hope through everything you take time for yourself.... Sometimes being an artist/crafts person for a living means you never slow down and draw a line between your art and true “you” time. Hope to be checking in more often...I have missed blogging tremendously. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern and the thought that goes with it ... I am a procrastinator with a good reason "not enough hours in the day" to do everything. Your hooked rug is wonderful. Love the prim look.
    Enjoy your new life with Peace and Blessings for all, Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a note...I love to hear from you!