Thursday, November 21, 2013

November winds and a small peek...

Hello Dear Friends…
A gray and windy day here today…
Predictions that everything will be glistening white with snow by tonite…
Strangely, at this moment…I am content with the thought of winter.
This year more than ever I feel the need to respect the rhythms of nature…
And it is giving me a sense of peace in an all too chaotic time…

A heartfelt thank you, to all of you have sent well wishes for my Mom. These are bittersweet times.
We’ve been working on getting some home care services set for Mom & Dad…and that eases my mind a bit.
It has truly a been a balancing act for me…all the craziness of my son’s senior year…my parents…my business…and now the holidays?!?!

In the midst...I’ve finally decided on a design for the 2014 LJFibers Rug Project…
Primitive Medallions will be approximately 22" x 34"...it will be a 3 or 4 part project...
linen pattern and 1st wool kit will ship in January 2014!
Inspired by a 19th century rug entitled “Medallions”…
worn and muted tones…flowers and critters…
I’ve come up with a primitive rendition…here is a small peek…
I absolutely love how this is hooking up and will share more with you soon!
My goal is to have all the details for kits worked out and posted on the website in the next few weeks.
I know many of you would like to include the Annual Rug Project on your list to Santa
♥ ~L

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I too find peace in nature's rhythms. Sometimes I think it is the only sanity I know:)
    Your work is beautiful~
    Blessings,
    JoeyLea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie - did you make that ball of greenery? If so, can you share some how-to's? It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gayle, Thank you for asking....but know I did not make it...BUT...I plan to take it apart at the end of the season to see how it was made!
      So...yes...once I figure it out I'll post the How-to!
      Wishing you a joyous holiday ~L

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a note...I love to hear from you!