Wednesday, July 4, 2012

* ~ * 76 * ~ *

Hello and Happy 4th of July...

Be Happy and Safe this Holiday...
and Thankful to and for
the Men and Women
that protect our nation...

I'm a bicentennial graduate...Class of 1976...things seemed much simpler back then...
or perhaps it's just the difference between being 18 vs 54 ?!?!

thought I'd share a few "76" pics...

the Talon...my yearbook...our mascot...you guessed it...an eagle
one of my favorite cookie stamps...I've been collecting these since the early 70's...
and here is where my son would joke...the 1870"s Mom?
The bicentennial Mason jar filled with dish soap that we use at the kitchen sink...it's an original from 1976...Wonder what happened to all the others from the case...
dusty old shelf in the kitchen
with an old box of jar rings...I just love how vivid the graphics are...
the mini butter press and biscut cutters were my Mother-in-law's...well used for for 66 years...I treasure them and wonder if she enjoyed them too...or were they just the daily tools to provide for her family?

Til next time ~ Take Care ~L

2 comments:

  1. just wonderful!
    Happy Indepedence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos of wonderful goodies! I got married in the bicentennial year. Everything was bicentennial related! I remember them selling coffins that were painted like a flag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a note...I love to hear from you!