Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Arrivals...and Studio Cleaning!


Maggie Bonanomi's newest book arrived a few days ago! Almost 20 years ago I was fascinated with making books...and I love making journal covers...Maggie's techniques combine...basic bookmaking...wool applique and a whimsy of design!!! A fun project on a cold winter's day!

I'm a bit behind in getting the website updated...like many...we've been down with the flu...or some nasty bug. Nick was home from school most of last week...and I was down for the count most of the weekend. Lucky for him, Paul was working...in a much warmer climate.

But...there is nothing like bolts and bolts of lovely new wool to brighten this gal's spirit!!!

While lying around with not even enough energy to pick up my hook...my mind on over load...I'm a multi-tasker...definitely not a time waster. I know that when you are sick...it's your body's way of saying..."Take care of me"...but all I could think was..."What a waste of time...and there is so much that needs doing!"
So now that I'm back to the land of living...I want to throw open the windows and start the Spring cleaning. It's been in the mid-20's the last few days...might hit 32 tomorrow...ha...heat wave...still not quite window washing weather...so hey...How 'bout a SALE instead?!?!?!

Now, Paul will tell me...not to fret...the movers will pack it all...but...well I guess I'm in the mood to lighten the Pattern load...Select wool applique, punch needle, and cross stitch patterns are being marked down! I should have the website totally updated by the weekend...I hope you'll hop over for a look...there just might be a deal on something you've been looking for!

Be Warm and Safe Dear Friends ~L

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better. No one likes to be sick... especially someone as busy as you. Stay healthy... now I'm off to check out that sale! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a note...I love to hear from you!