Wednesday, August 5, 2020

A lovely surprise…




A few days ago I was tidying up the bottom shelf on the potting bench were I do my backyard dyeing. My nest of old enamel pans needed a good scrubbing…
Now, I admit to being so consumed these past many years with caring for may Mom & Dad that many things just were left untouched…and my memory is a bit foggy…but I don’t think I’ve touched these in a couple years! 

What a delightful surprise in the bottom pan… 
5+ ounces of lovely dried marigolds! 

I do remember dropping a handful in the pan after a walk thru the garden and dead-heading. But usually I have a basket or handful of mixed blooms… zinnia, marigold, coreopsis and rudbeckia 
  and that is what I’d toss in the old hen basket! 

Again, I have no idea how long this mess has been accumulating… 
So it was definitely time to stew it up! 

Oh so lovely… 
  Today I’m firing up the pots to stew up the old marigolds… 
Hope you will visit again to see the results…

Be well, be safe, be kind, be creative ~L

10 comments:

  1. Well I can't wait to see the results because these are fantastic!
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cathy, Thanks for stopping by! I'm trying to get back to posting here more regularly and it is always nice to see your kind comments. Hope you have a lovely day! ~Laurie

      Delete
    2. I can’t wait to see how your dying turns out with your find!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Aren’t dye days a blessing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lady Locust, Yes they are! Thanks so much for visit and taking time to comment. I'm really trying to be on the blog more...I'm so weary of Facebook for many reasons...anyway it is great to see I still have readers! Have a lovely day! ~ Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice surprise! Love the bowls. I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and Welcome DM, I'm so glad you found your way here. I'm really trying to get back to regular posting, so I hope you'll visit again soon! ~Laurie

      Delete
  5. I would love to learn how to naturally dye fabric. Can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and Welcome MaryFB, there are lots of great books on natural dyeing and many online resources. I'm glad you found your way here to my studio blog. I'll be posting a lot about this seasons adventures into dyeing wool with plants! ~ Laurie

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness Laurie ~ those colors are GORGEOUS!!! I need to give this natural dying a try at some point. I'll be stopping back by often to follow your natural dying. LOVELY enamel bowls!!! Stay safe and well, Doreen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a note...I love to hear from you!