Saturday, August 17, 2019

Stitch Therapy…My Changing World

There is something healing about stitching…or really any handwork.
Something about busy hands that free the mind to wonder
…to meditate…to pray
tiny stitches…like tears…

This piece, also known as Mending a Breaking Heart
began by stitching leftover scraps from my natural plant dyed wool journal
in a mosaic fashion onto a Osnaburg and cotton batting base.

This was really a “therapy stitch”...quiet, tiny stitches
as I contemplated my Mom starting hospice and my son graduating college and moving to NY.

These are the hands that taught me everything…


It’s just over a month now that Momma’s been gone…
so many changes this year…for me
and many in my circle…
some happy…some sad…some both at the same time.

and so I’ll continue adding stitches…
♥ ~ L

8 comments:

  1. I love your applique piece with the stitchery. Sorry for your sad events of this year and unfortunately we all have those years. Hope you have sunny days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty stitching design ...even makes me feel peaceful with the nice colors.
    The photo of your Mother's hands is so sweet ….wish I had done that before my Mother passed too , she could paint , sew & was so creative too .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and prayers in every stitch as your journey continues. Hugs and thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful piece of work to mark a sad journey. I took pictures of my mother's hands when she was struggling with Alzheimer's. I have one of my mother's, my daughter's and my hands all together. I wanted to remember those hands that did so many things for me.
    I agree, stitching is good for the soul...especially when we are hurting.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitching is beautiful. So many changes at once is very difficult. A busy hand does mend the heart you are right. I find taking long walks help as well. Keep stitching & mending take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quiet meditative process of stitching carries us through the seasons of our life.
    Lovely thoughtful post.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. an amazing piece of art! I'm sorry for your loss. My mother taught me to stitch and draw and many other things. When she passed on I was devastated. Time heals, give yourself the space, best wishes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a note...I love to hear from you!