Saturday, March 2, 2019

March...ing in like a Lion...

Good Morning,
Hope this Saturday finds you well...

We are headed back to the deep freeze after yet another round of snow!


I hear Paul scraping snow off the roof, so I'm sure this pile has grown.

It's beautiful, but a hassle trying to drive around the city...
a good excuse to stay in...
to make soup...
and putter around the studio.
I've been organizing the wool shelves and discovered some beauties I had forgotten about.
I'll be making new bundles and putting them in the ETSY shop soon:)

but before I do that...

I want to share a few of my students rugs from the MCFTA Student Show...


Lisa hooked this adaptation of 1885 Horses...a Woolley Fox pattern...#8 cut wool on Monk's Cloth


Debi hooked this stunning butterfly...
her own design...and her FIRST rug after her little beginner mat!
mostly #8 wool cut on linen...with a bit of black and white nylon stockings.
There are still openings in my Spring II class...
visit the Minnetonka Center for the Arts website for info... Stay warm...think Spring...and have a great weekend! ~Laurie

4 comments:

  1. we flew south this past week we left NH in a snow storm. We are so happy in the sunshine state
    wonderful rugs
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - the butteryfly rug is BEAUTIFUL! What natural, artistic talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of snow! Love that butterfly rug...looks like Debi was born to hook! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, lots of snow here too....they are trying to haul it out by the dump truckfuls, but some streets still have lanes closed...and now we are in the deep freeze again. I’ve always had a fondness for that horse pattern...someday I might actually hook it LOL. And WOW - that’s an ambitious first project...turned out beautifully. Looks like she is going to be a natural at the art. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a note...I love to hear from you!